Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well Done, Larry


Mr. Larry was a frequent poster on this blog. He was a good friend from my seminary days. He and I were roommates for about three years. On Sunday, his wife called and informed me that Larry had passed away. At 37, this was most unexpected.

Larry's lot in life was not an easy one. His problems seemed to compound and reached their nadir in 1999 when Larry's father passed away suddenly. Larry left school and moved away. I didn't think I'd ever hear from him again. But, God was good and Larry persevered. One day he e-mailed me and told me he had met a girl and was going to get married! He did just that. I was thrilled to meet Larry and his bride when Larry was a groomsman in my wedding in 2005.

I have no explanation for Larry’s death at such a young age. I believe that he made great strides in his spiritual life in the last five years that he lived. He met his obligations, finished his degree, got married and started a family, and was working towards being an elder in his church. He lived an honorable life and he finished well. Well done, my friend! I'll meet you in the morning....

No comments: